RV Departure Checklist
Quick and Easy Departure Checklist
There’s a lot to remember when getting ready to move your RV, whether it’s a travel trailer, Fifth wheel, or motorhome. And there’s a lot that can go expensively wrong if you forget to perform a few basic tasks.
There are many departure checklists already available for download. Checklists that are used are worth their weight in gold! Here’s a sample of the kinds of items you will find:
- Dump black water first and then the grey water tanks. This will help clean out the sewer hose. Be sure to add toilet chemical back into the system after dumping.
- Turn off all electrical appliances before unplugging shore power.
- Unhook all hoses and cords.
- Make sure nothing is obstructing the slide-out rooms from coming in especially the front seats and be sure to check the exterior bay doors. They must be shut.
- After retracting the leveling jacks visually inspect to make they are all the way up.
- Be sure antenna and satellite dish are down.
- Be sure entrance steps are up.
- Make sure that all drawers, doors and personal items are safely stored or locked and don’t forget the shower door!
- Make sure that the refrigerator is still working properly either on electric or gas.